From Trickle To Puddle

Karel Čapek
I Had a Dog and a Cat

I have never meditated before on how to get a dog from underneath a table, I suppose that it is usually done by sitting down on the floor and expostulating with the animal, using intellectual and emotional arguments to get it out. I tried it both with a generous and commanding voice; I begged and bribed Minda with lumps of sugar, I had a go at making a little dog of myself to entice her out. When all attempts had failed, I threw myself under the table, and dragged her out by the legs into the light. It was a brutal and unexpected violence. Minda stood on her legs, humiliated and trembling like a virgin in disgrace, and she strained out of herself her first reproachful little pool.
Thus begins a lasting relationship.

And so for day 1796
13.11.2011