1846

I recently found myself recommending a neat site for the grandchildren of my sister. (Parks Canada has great site on the Burgess Shale with a virtual submarine ride. See http://burgess-shale.rom.on.ca/en/index.php).

My repeating this here serves as a pretext to introduce an image the reproduces my mother's hand written note on the Irish potato famine and immigration to Canada. She was ironing one day in the early 70s and she heard a piece on the radio and transcribed the particulars for me and I have kept the item tucked away in a Larouse dictionary through countless moves over the years. If I recall correctly there was a theme of social justice in the remarks made by my mother as she passed on the note about 1846. Something about the duty of welcoming.


Never undervalue the impact of the hand written note.

And so for day 914
14.06.2009